2017 was the year my dreams became a reality, + what a year it was!. Here's to the best "first' clients anyone could ask for, new challenges + no free time. Love to everyone who helped me along the way, for being there when I could not + for the encouragement to keep on forging my own path. Excited to see which direction 2018 leads me. xo, jamie
Winter is here again! It’s my favorite time of year no doubt. With the winter solstice, acknowledging the shortest day of the year as a return to light, a return to innocence; a rebirth along the wheel of life as the great world continues to spin. We can take a pause + embrace the day as we start to welcome the sun back in with some of my seasons Must-Haves.
1. With the colder nights a good pair of Gloves is essential. Keeping your hands warm during dog walks, driving with the cold steering wheel or just simply being outside helps with making the winter manageable. www.us.burberry.com
2. Colorado is the land of layers + with the Patagonia Down Sweater Vest it’s perfect for the warmer days + by night layer it under your jacket for the extra warmth. Lets be honest my vest is a staple all year around but of course its always out during the winter. www.patagonia.com
3. Winter marks the season of skiing!!! Hence my favorite time of year. My K2 Miss Behaved skis are waxed + sharpened just waiting for the snow to drop. There is nothing like a day of skiing to really connect with nature + all that it has to give. www.k2skis.com
4. With the colder weather nothing beats the smell of fresh baked cookies. In the winter I always seem to bake consistently, I don’t know what it was but its not winter without cookies. Little tip replace half the butter with an avocado, come summer your swim suit will thank me.
5. This season I am all about the wool beret, winter’s “it” hat. When the snow begins to fall its acceptable to wear hats all day everyday, therefore giving us the perfect accessory to turn any outfit into something special. www.les-sublimes.com
Whats your winter must haves of the season??
That's all Folks!! stay tuned for more of my Must-Haves + Favorites. xo, jamie
A Cook's KITCHEN - Congress Park, Denver
When a family of cook’s decides its about time for that kitchen upgrade, the first thing the wife picked out was the range. She wanted the design to revolve around her KitchenAid 6 burner range. The home is a classic Denver square with a galley style kitchen, this couple did not want to tear down walls + make it larger but rather re-work the plan for a more functional use of space. We kept the basics, the location of water + gas lines, but raised the existing window sill to accommodate a countertop underneath it that’s big enough for 3 chopping stations, relocated the refrigerator, + added a pantry + a wine refrigerator. The goal for the redesign was to maximize space, in both the layout + the organization of the contents of the cabinets. We used deep drawers + a full height pantry to achieve the storage needed for all their cooking accouterments. In keeping with the style of the house we added pendant lights down the center, shaker style quarter sawn oak cabinets on the bottom with painted light grey upper cabinets, + a marble backsplash in two different styles. For more pictures look here. All photography of A Cook’s Kitchen project was taken by Ryan Lawrence Photography.
A FRESH New Look on Cherokee!! - Golden Triangle, Denver
We recently took on the job of modernizing an outdated condo, with an amazing location right in the heart of the Golden Triangle neighborhood, a desperately needed refresh breathed new life into the place. This two bedroom unit feels completely new with little details that won’t go unnoticed. In the kitchen we painted the cabinets + added hardware, installing a quartz countertop + adding a glass backsplash to give it a modern look. The master bathroom included a fresh new layout with a larger shower, crystal hardware + an extra linen closet. For the final touches we gave the condo a fresh coat of paint, new doors, + stained the floor, this brought the whole space together + gave it a cohesive look.
Well HELLO Fall, its one of my most favorite times of year, where the days start to get shorter + the nights have that crispness in the air. In autumn it allows us to be balance once again, as the sun enters Libra, balanced scales, it brings equal days + equal nights letting us recharge for the next cycle. With the seasons changing here are my Fall Favorites!
1. Mules – I have been eyeing these Prada mules for quite some time, they are perfect for fall, they keep your toes warm in the brisk mornings yet they still allow for your foot to breath as it warms up by the afternoon. These are a must have on my list. www.prada.com
2. A Ruffle Shirt – this has been the season for ruffles + bell sleeves, I can’t seem to get enough, J Crew has one of my favorites with the right amount of ruffles + the blue stripes you can't go wrong. www.jcrew.com
3. Apple Picking – Every year I take a trip over to Hotchkiss, Colorado to spend the night in Orchard, pick apples in the day + drink Hard Cider at night. Fall means apples + you can’t get any more fall then Big B’s tucked away on Highway 133 with golden Aspen trees for miles. www.bigbs.com
4. Cashmere Cardigan – When you pull out the sweaters after a long summer you want to just snuggle up in it. My long Cuyana cashmere cardigan is perfect to warm up in the house before you fire up those radiators + perfect for the extra layer on date night. www.cuyana.com
5. Fall Forage – Living in Colorado I am lucky enough to have the mountains out my back door with all the mountain colors. All throughout the fall you see various shades of reds, oranges, + yellows on the hillsides, fall drives + hikes are my favorite weekend activity to get out of the city + see nature at its finest.
That's all Folks!!! Would love to hear what your favorites for fall are.
Eclectic Berkeley - Denver, Colorado
When a young couple approached me to help them with their new home in the Berkeley neighborhood it started out as just a few paint color options for the walls + getting new wood floors installed on the stairs. That quickly evolved into a new kitchen, powder room, living room + dining room furniture design, as well as a refresh of their basement entertainment area + a guest bedroom that keeps their guests coming back for more. For the kitchen we removed all the upper cabinets + replaced some with new sleek white flat panel cabinets that extend to the ceiling along side open shelving, giving the space a more open + light feel. Keeping it on a budget, rather than replacing all of the cabinets, we painted the existing base cabinets white while installing new doors + adding matte black hardware. Adding white subway tile on the walls gave the kitchen a whole new look without having to replace the existing granite countertop. The client wanted to have a powder room that really made a statement, it was a tight space + replacing the vanity with a wall hung sink made the space feel open. We added brass plumbing fixtures, a rotating industrial light + wallpaper to make you really stare + just say wow!! (the wallpaper is a must see) For the rooftop patio, which has some of the most striking views in the neighborhood, we created a concept that lets the couple extend their living space outside, with a comfortable + relaxing style that’s perfect for both entertaining + unwinding. Fun little details can be found throughout the house including wallpaper on the ceiling, interesting tile patterns + a painted commend center with wild hardware. for more pictures please look here. all photography of the eclectic berkeley project was taken by Ryan Lawrence Photography