As some of you know running is my ohmmm. Its one of the most rewarding exercises I do. It clears my head + gets me started on a fresh day. Winter is upon us, as the last of the leaves fall + the weather starts to get colder that should not mean you put away your runners. I already wear all black while running + in the winter that gives me extra warmth + with the 300 days of sunshine in Colorado the sun is bound to be out to warm me up. Winter running is one of my favorite times to run + with the right gear it soon will become yours. Don’t forget your fast pace playlist to keep you moving.
1. I never go for a run without a hat but in the winter I switch out my CU hat for my Lululemon ear warmer + my fleece hat.
2. With low temperatures + snow on the ground fleece lined running tights are the best thing that was ever invented. I just love my Golite tights that will keep me warm in -5 degree weather, which I did get the chance to actually test out + they did not fail. Since Golite is out of business now Nike has a Shield Running tight that makes a great substitute.
3. Gloves are key in cold weather running I use whatever I have laying around the house but recently I just purchased a pair from Lululemon + never looked back.
4. Running vest is the easiest way to stay warm + not have too many layers on. I love my Nike AeroLoft Flash vest that has reflectors on the front + on the back giving me that extra visibly for my early morning runs.
5. Simply just a good warm long sleeve shirt is a must-have + my Lululemon rush hour ½ Zip is just the one. It has thumbholes with extra material to roll over your hands if you forget your gloves at home.
If you are just starting to run in the colder months don't get discouraged by the weather outside I have more tips + tricks if you need them.
That's all Folks!! Stay tuned next week for my favorite Kitchen Essentials!! xo jamie