Its fall yet again, even though it happens year after year, the arrival of autumn is always a little surprising. Its almost like switch, one day late in the summer you feel it, the subtle crispness to the air + before you know it its FALL. The equinox brings the balance of equal days + equal nights, allowing us to create space, honor our intentions + start fresh. As start to change in temperatures + wardrobe here are some of my Must-Haves for this years season.
1. I am a sucker for jeans, sweaters + frye boots. I can’t seem to ever have enough boots. These update Chelsea boots are perfect for all types of fall weather with the rugged sole it gives me more protection against ice allowing the boot to transition right into winter no problem. www.thefryecompany.com
2. In Colorado the way to dress is in layers any time of year, but in fall a nice light weight jacket is a must have. This year I have been eyeing a jacket from Lululemon of all places. Its waterproof, not to heavy, the fit is perfect + with the cinchable waist this raincoat now becomes a stylish one. www.lululemon.com
3. In the fall, my skin becomes very dry, in the dry mountain air its always dry but every fall it seems to be at its worst. Kiehl’s Crème de Corps body lotion is non-greasy, non-fragrant, + it leaves my skin ever so soft, I don’t know what I would do without it, it has become one of my favorite items in the bathroom. www.kiehls.com
4. Getting fresh Apple Cider at the farmers market could not be more fall, late this summer we moved + in our front yard we had two apple trees that exploded this year with apples. I was making apple cider with fresh apples on a daily basis.
5. Fall is for football + tailgates. In my house college football is king, with Saturdays consist of CU Buffs; for mine + my love’s alma mater, Wisconsin Badgers; for my love’s grad school alma mater, + Notre Dame; family alma mater. We attend at least one game a year, going to a Buff’s game + watching Ralphie run the field is priceless. www.cubuffs.com
Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year, let me know what are some of your must-haves for this year, comment below. That’s all for now. xo, jamie