Wow I cant believe its already the first day of winter, how this year has flown by. This year I am feeling the darkness more in the days + cant wait for the light to return. The winter solstice brings hope. Hope for light to come around once more + the excitement of changes coming in the new seasons ahead. It is the time for us to grow in our personal lives, make goals + reflect. With these changes here are my winter Must-haves that I seem to count on year after year.
1. Winter is the time when citrus is in season, oranges are plentiful at my house in during the winter. After spending Christmas in Naples, year after year oranges have been a Christmas staple ever since. The smell + the sweetness is perfect for the cold days.
2. A good pair of jeans is one of my favorite pieces of clothing I own; I basically wear jeans almost every day. This winter season Rag & Bone has been my go to pair. They are basic yet can look classy when need be for these special meetings. www.rag-bone.com
3. During the cold months I like to have Throw Blankets on the bed + an extra one on the sofa. The Matteo Rope Blanket brings in texture while still being simple. They have lots of different colors to choose from allowing you to get the same blanket for multiple spaces without being to matching. www.matteola.com
4. In Colorado the air is thin + dry + my skin suffers from the harshness year around but its especially dry in the winter months. La Mer Crème Moisturizing Crème helps with my dry skin + restores my skin to look naturally vibrant. www.cremedelamer.com
5. Snowy walks have become a tradition with John, myself + our blue heeler Stella. We like to get bundle up in our coats + hats, hot cider in hand + take walks around the park where Stella can play in the snow + run freely.
Winter could possible be the best time of year, would love to hear what your must haves are for this winter….. xo, Jamie